Doesn’t get any more peaceful and relaxing than that. Just the words themselves evoke images of light, bright spaces. It stands to reason, then, that it is the woman behind this blog, Sherri Matthews, who nominated me for a Sunshine Award (which she writes is “awarded for writing positive and inspiring articles and so bringing some ‘sunshine’ into the lives of others”.)
Sherri, my doppelganger (a fellow Virgo, mother of three, and plodding through the writers’ life) across an ocean and continent, writes beautiful reflections on life – as we wish it to be and how it actually is and how the two intersect. And she said my blog was ‘exquisitely written’! Well! Thank you so much, Sherri, for the honor and for sharing your sunshine with the world.
Here’s how the award works:
Rule 2. Nominate 10 fellow bloggers
Rule 3. Announce their nomination in their blog’s comment section
Rule 4. Mention links back to their blog, including a link to the person who nominated you.
Rule 5. Answer the questions. This is designed to help people get to know you better.
- Jardin Luxembourg – It was through Tieshka’s Liebster Award that I ‘met’ Sherri Matthews. So glad to have the ‘introduction’! And to read her refreshing, carpe diem take on life.
- A Canvas of the Minds – Spreading awareness, acceptance, and knowledge about mental illness.
- Free Little Words – Spreading love and positive energy with her positive world view and words.
- DENY – because they showcase beautiful design and give me way too many ideas for the new home I’m supposed to be decorating.
- Mamacravings – Such a positive, inclusive atmosphere to support mothers in finding the joy in it.
- 2 Guys Photo – Gorgeous photos, unique in their perspective, accompanied by thoughtful written commentary – plus practical help if needed.
- Vox Nova – Thoughtful dialogue on spiritual matters.
- Motherhood is an Art – A great mix of the personal and professional aspects of motherhood (in other words what it means to us and what we need to be to our kids).
- Reluctant Mom – There is beauty in her honesty and in others’ seeing they are not the only non-PollyAnna momma.
- Blue Bicicletta – An inspiring intersection of graphic art and reflections on life.
1. Favourite Colour:
Purple has always been my go-to answer, but lately I’ve been leaning toward persimmon reds and orange – trying to be bold in this phase of life, I guess.
2. Favourite Animal
Birds? I’ve had many dreams where I fly; I love watching robins put their heads down and run; they also have metaphorical meaning for my husband and me.
3. Favourite Number
Three (also the # of this question – should I play it in the lotto?)
4. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink:
Lemonade and iced tea combination at the Vietnamese restaurant at which my writing group meets.
5. Favourite Alcoholic Drink
Bellini (champagne and peach nectar – of the gods!) – and perhaps another reason you and I are doppelgangers, Sherri?
6. Facebook or Twitter?
As I am one of the three remaining people on earth who does not have a Smartphone (and feel Twitter is pointless without one) – Facebook
7. My Passions
Uh, no pressure. Loving my husband. Loving my children. Writing. Burning a hole in my corner of the universe.
8. Giving or Receiving Gifts?
9. Favourite City
Roma or New York City
10. Favourite TV Show
In a disturbingly, Kramer-it’s-hideously-scary-yet-I-cannot-look-away sort of way, Hunted, which I am so sad to say will not continue in a collaboration between the BBC and Cinemax. Still waiting anxiously for its next incarnation, though.
Now it’s your turn to go blow sunshine up someone else’s @$#, 😉